The Latton Time Trial Series 2017
|13/04/2017||Thursday||Non-counting warm up||18:45||SRC|
|15/06/2017||Thursday||Come & Try It||18:45||CCC|
|26/08/2017*||Saturday||Informal 10 @ Cafe at the Gateway Centre||10:00||SRC|
|31/08/2017||Thursday||CCC Hill Climb venue TBC||19:00||CCC|
|02/09/2017*||Saturday||Informal 10 @ Cafe at the Gateway Centre||10:00||SRC|
|01/01/2018||Monday||New Year’s Day 10||10:00||SRC|
|* Provisional - will be dependent on sufficient participation (non counting)|
Come and Try It TTs. As responsible Cycling Clubs we would like to promote access to all cyclists to come and have a go at a Time Trial, a traditional entry point for competitive cycling. If you have friends /colleagues who have wondered what it is all about but are too daunted to come on a usual Thursday evening event, then this is the event to talk them into trying. These events will not count towards the respective Club ‘Series’. It is not compulsory to be a Club member to ride this event.
- Event HQ for all the Events is the Bradstone Pavilion in Ashton Keynes http://tiny.cc/qgrem
- The evening time trials are held on the same course each Thursday evening throughout the summer months. Organisation for the time trials is shared between Corinium Cycling Club and Swindon Road Club.
- The event HQ for registering and post-race results is the Bradstone Sports Ground, Ashton Keynes. http://tiny.cc/qgrem
- A map of the course is also shown below.
- The time trial course is flat with the only 'hill' being the roundabout flyover over the A419, the course record is under 21 minutes.
- A considerable amount of effort is invested by the respective organising clubs to make these events happen, in return, members and riders are requested to contribute their part to the process to ensure to the safe continuation of these events. Details of the duties and the latest rota can be found here
In addition to the normal CTT rules under which these events are run your attention is drawn to the following points;
1. Fees are £5.00 per rider (Except Come and Try It TTs which are £2.00 per rider)
2. Limited Numbers. On evenings where the number of participants is limited by the organizer, priority will go to SRC and CCC members.
3. New Time-Keepers will be in training during the season. Entrants are requested not to use the course as a warm-up circuit where they will cross the finish line 10 minutes (or later) after the start time of the event, which may add to confusion of the time-keeping role. The recommended route to the start is to use the Spine Road. Riders should be wary of the time they enter the course while the event is in progress if using the Cerney Wick route.
4. Route back to HQ. The recommended route back to the HQ after completing the event is to continue after the finish back down the Spine Road. (This minimises U-turns on the course).
5. Etiquette. Riders must be mindful of other road users at all time, especially at the start and finish of the course. The road to Driffield past the start point of the course must be kept clear for motorists and unimpeded by the tendency for cyclists to bunch together whilst waiting.
6. Handicap Series. Members wishing to qualify for the respective Clubs’ series must contribute to the Clubs’ help rosters for the requisite number of events.
7. Helmets are strongly recommended for all the events.
8. Rear lights are strongly recommened for all events. (Rear light should be a ‘proper full light’ and not back-up style.)
9, Underage Riders. Members may ride these events if 12 or older. If under 18 a Parental Consent Form from the respective organising Club must be completed prior to signing on. (One consent form covers the complete series).