Changes for 2019
- ALL Thursday events will start at 18:30
- Signing on will be open from 17:15 - 18:15.
- Due to an increase in levies payable to the CTT, the entry fee is £6 per rider
The Latton Time Trial Series 2019
|11/04/2019||Thursday||Non-counting warm up||18:30||SRC|
|05/09/2019||Thursday||CCC Hill Climb venue TBC||TBC||CCC|
|01/01/2020||Wednesday||New Year’s Day 10||10:00||SRC|
|SRC = Swindon RC|
|CCC = Corinium CC|
|SWh = Swindon Wheelers|
- Event HQ for all the Events is the Bradstone Pavilion in Ashton Keynes http://tiny.cc/qgrem unless stated otherwise
- The evening time trials are held on the same course each Thursday evening throughout the summer months. Organisation for the time trials is shared between Corinium Cycling Club, Swindon Road Club and Swindon Wheelers.
- The event HQ for registering and post-race results is the Bradstone Sports Ground, Ashton Keynes. http://tiny.cc/qgrem
- The time trial course is flat with the only 'hill' being the roundabout flyover over the A419, the course record is under 19 minutes.
- A considerable amount of effort is invested by the respective organising clubs to make these events happen, in return, members and riders are requested to contribute their part to the process to ensure to the safe continuation of these events. Details of the duties and the latest rota can be found here
In addition to the normal CTT rules under which these events are run your attention is drawn to the following points;
1. Fees are £6.00 per rider
2. Limited Numbers. On evenings where the number of participants is limited by the organiser, priority will go to SRC, SWh and CCC members.
3. New Time-Keepers will be in training during the season. Entrants are requested not to use the course as a warm-up circuit where they will cross the finish line 10 minutes (or later) after the start time of the event, which may add to confusion of the time-keeping role. The recommended route to the start is to use the Spine Road.
4. Route back to HQ. The recommended route back to the HQ after completing the event is to continue after the finish back down the Spine Road. (This minimises U-turns on the course).
5. Etiquette. Riders must be mindful of other road users at all time, especially at the start and finish of the course. The road to Driffield past the start point of the course must be kept clear for motorists and unimpeded by the tendency for cyclists to bunch together whilst waiting.
6. Handicap Series. Members wishing to qualify for the respective Clubs’ series must contribute to the Clubs’ help rosters for the requisite number of events.
7. Helmets are strongly recommended for all the events.
8. Rear lights are strongly recommended for all events. (Rear light should be a ‘proper full light’ and not back-up style.)
9. Underage Riders. Members may ride these events if 12 or older. If under 18 a Parental Consent Form from the respective organising Club must be completed prior to signing on. (One consent form covers the complete series).